Sunday, April 12, 2009

Food

Carol mentions the issue of whether Mom and Dad will state wishes re: errands. I agree that Beth could be alerted to ways she can help. It sounds like she genuinely wants to be useful to them, and if they can't request, perhaps Luna can suggest stuff?

Along the same lines, I would like to address the cooking issue. I didn't realize Beth was cooking for them. Food "too salty" just means it has been salted. It has been years since Mom salted anything--surely Beth can be told that? I think of it as a health issue rather than a complaint--Beth just has to be told that they no longer eat *any* salt. ("Too salty" is not definitive.)

And Luna, perhaps you have told Beth what they like to eat? The plainer the better. The fresher the better. Hardly any meats--no red meat, only poultry and fish-- lots of veggies. Salads twice a day. I would guess that Mom can no longer plan meals, but you must know what they like.

And if and when Mom no longer shops for herself, make sure Dad has his little stash of goodies--mostly chocolate--that he thinks we don't know about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment