Has anyone talked to M and D about electronically monitored bracelets? Our friend Leslie (also age 92) fell last fall, breaking her hip and being unable to get up or get to a phone. She could have lain there for days if she hadn't pushed the button on her bracelet. The paramedics were there within minutes. I assume the resource people at Mtn. Meadows would know about local providers of this service. There are at least a couple of national outfits that do it. I think both our parents should have one.
Maybe it's time to research the options on this, so we'll what we're getting into if we go this route?
Luna says,
I have the fliers for 2 of them. One is ResponseLink, the other is Phillips Lifeline. We live in Jackson County.
I can put in some brain cells on this, though not immediately. If anyone else wants to in the meantime, feel free, but please post a comment here to let me know not to duplicate your efforts.
No comments:
Post a Comment